Fortrend Engineering Corporation
MECHANICAL PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER
Fortrend is seeking an experienced Mechanical Product Design Engineer to join our cross-functional team designing and developing Automation Equipment for the Semi-conductor including but not limited to Wafer and Mask/Reticle handling robots, shipping boxes, SMIF pod and FOUP openers, Mask/Reticle transfer systems, EFEMís and associated products. You will be an integral member of a collaborative team that defines and develops from concept through production working with a cross functional Product Development team and overseas partners. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, strong mechanical engineering technical background with proven experience in product development and manufacturing.
Candidate will be responsible for the following tasks, using a combination of internal contributors, outside suppliers, Product Design Engineers, and design teams.
- Play significant leading role in product development and mechanical architecture definition for next generation products
- Ensure product meets the Marketing feature requirements and Industrial Design goals
- Manage and coordinate your contributions to Product Design priorities, ensure schedules are met, and enable through collaboration the cross-functional teams
- Manage the development, specifications, design and manufacturing for mechanical systems, i.e. Mask shipping boxes, SMIF Pod openers, Scara Robots, Reticle sorters and EFEMís, Wafer Transfer systems, Clean Room Equipment.
- Ensure compliance through collaboration with Regulatory, SEMI, and Environmental mechanical specifications
- Prepare early design concepts and contribute to product architecture
- Research new materials, processes, and aggressive technologies to meet product goals
- Implement aggressive Industrial Design fit and finishes
- Ensure Tool architecture and final specification are to company standards
- BSME minimum and 5+ years relevant experience in product and mechanical design
- Experience in Semi-conductor Industry
Experience in Design of equipment for use in ISO Class 1 clean rooms.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Excellent 3D CAD experience, i.e. Solidworks, Preferable 2013 version.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of general mechanical engineering analysis.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
- Experience in low volume manufacturing with casting, plastics, sheet metal design, etc.
- Superior communication skills, strong use of internal communication tools,
- Experience in managing outside resources including consultants, component suppliers, and high volume manufacturing partners.
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers.
- Experience in, Human Factors and Quality is a plus
- Experience in software programming and electrical design is a plus.
Employee Benefit Summary:
Fortrend provides a flexible and dynamic work environment for anyone interested in the growth and challenge of a career in the semiconductor equipment manufacturing industry. Fortrend also provides a comprehensive benefits package to all of employees.
To apply, please email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org , or fax us at 408-734-4299, attn: Human Resource. We welcome resumes for all positions whether currently listed or not. Fortrend Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3080 Oakmead Village Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Phone: (408) 734-9311
Fax: (408) 734-4299
Fortrend Engineering Corporation
Job Description for Field Service Engineer.
Fortrend Engineering: Founded in
1979 as an engineering consulting company, Fortrend specialized in automation
system design for the semiconductor industry. Since 1989 Fortrend has supplied
automation equipment for semiconductor device manufacturers, photo mask
suppliers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMís) and provides SMIF up
grades to existing open cassette FABS. Fortrend provides the essential
automation connections between different equipment and the factory delivery
Major Job functions: In this role you will act as the service, installation engineer for all manufactured and installed Fortrend equipment. As a Field Service Engineer you will be responsible for installing systems at a customer location in a timely manner. As part of the field service engineers responsibilities at Fortrend your will aid in the assembly, testing and qualification of Fortrend products prior to shipping to the customer.
successful product installation requires certain amount of program management
and prior program management experience is very valuable. This individual will
be interfacing with the customers; therefore professionalism is an absolute
must. Knowledge of electrical distribution systems, mechanical systems, various
test and measurement equipments, clean room procedures and protocolís,
pneumatic systems, electrical codes, electronic principals and theory is highly
desired. A high level of customer service skill is required with a balance of
business acumen. It is essential that the applicant be a self-starter and a team
Functional relationships: Work with mechanical engineers, technicians, manufacturing, vendors, sales, marketing and other engineering personnel.
l Minimum 3 years of experiences as a Field Service Engineer.
l Understand pneumatic, electrical and mechanical systems.
l Interface directly with end user customers to provide technical presentations and consultation for the development of fully integrated systems.
l Work with customers, field sales, technical support and corporate engineering to resolve escalated problems.
l Manage small or custom installation projects
l Train customers on basic operation of the Fortrend system
l Perform other duties as assigned
l Prepare detailed reports for management and design engineering regarding equipment/systems defects or design deficiencies affecting installation and operations/performance.
l Work well in a team atmosphere with internal customers and peers.
l Well developed communication skills with ability to explain and discuss difficult information and to gain cooperation.
l Knowledge of field service and installation methods used within the semi-conductor industry.
l Read and understand mechanical, electrical and pneumatic drawings.
l Proficient in written and spoken English.
l Familiarity with Microsoft O/, and MS/Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
l Available to travel up to 60%.
to travel overseas,
l OrCad, Solidworks, AutoCAD.
l Machine Shop Skills
l Clean room Experience.
Education: Bachelor Degree from accredited university or college minimum, Mechanical engineering or equivalent.
Employee Benefit Summary:
Fortrend offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: